First of all, we have to address that this guitar is gorgeous. Taylor’s 200 Deluxe Series delivers all the essentials of a great guitar – exquisite playability, a full and articulate voice, impeccable intonation up the neck, and Taylor’s top-of-the-line, professional- grade pickup – at a price that’s within reach of many.
The Deluxe moniker refers to the addition of a fully-glossed body as opposed to a glossy top with satin back and sides.
The entire instrument is made from Hawaiian Koa. This tropical wood will have improved tone the more that you play it. The top is a solid piece of Koa while the back and sides are laminated.
Even better, the hardware on this instrument is just as impressive as its appearance. It features Taylor’s Expression System 2 (ES2) and a custom audio-grade pre-amp.
All things considered, for the price, this is a unique, high-quality instrument.
- Body type: Grand Auditorium;
- Cutaway: Single cutaway;
- Top wood: Solid Hawaiian;
- Koa Back & sides: Layered Hawaiian Koa Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II (Forward Shift Pattern);
- Body finish: Gloss Orientation: Right handed;
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile Nut width: 1.9 in. (48 mm); Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony Neck wood: Solid Sapele Scale length: 25.5 in. Number of frets: 20