The BR-180 is a tone powerhouse with a beauty that is second to none.
Each guitar is crafted to be light and resonant. Meticulous attention to detail and quality craftsmanship is evident in the traditional, forward-position, hand-carved parabolic X-bracing that allows the solid spruce top to ring loud and true.
The body of the guitar is small, so it’s lightweight and a breeze to play. The neck is designed for easy action and great stability while playing. Still, it’s obvious that great care was put into the design and this instrument is built to last for years. Reviewers are impressed by the intonation of this guitar, but they do note a few cons. Most of these are minor issues around the fit and finish, which won’t be a problem for all musicians.
- Select, solid Sitka spruce top with hand-carved parabolic braces in a authentic pre-war forward X-pattern;
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides with abalone pearl on all borders and soundhole rosette;
- Premium ebony fingerboard and bridge;
- Abalone position markers on fingerboard;
- Delicate marquetry center strip on back;
- Slim mahogany neck has adjustable truss rod and and traditional diamond volute on back of headstock;
- Bone nut and saddle;
- Rosewood peghead overlay with unique, m-o-p and abalone inlay design Accurate vintage-style 14:1 ratio gold-plated open-back tuners with butterbean-style buttons;
- Natural high-gloss finish with aging toner for perfect vintage look.