Gibson SG Standard – Heritage Cherry Review
For 2019 the Gibson SG Standard boasts classic looks and that historic playability you associate with the traditional SGs of the 1960s. A slim taper mahogany neck profile is complimented by a bound rosewood fingerboard, 490R and 490T pickups housed in a mahogany body give those luscious SG tones with the power to drive the volume when needed. A black 5-ply full face pickguard set this SG Standard apart from others… a truly versatile classic.
• Series: Gibson Model Year 2019
• Body Style: SG
• Body Material: Mahogany
• Neck: Maple
• Neck profile: Slim Taper
• Nut width: 1.695 in.
• Fingerboard: Rosewood
• Scale length: 24.75 in.
• Number of frets: 22
• Nut: Tektoid
• Inlay: Acrylic Trapezoids
• Binding: P White
• Binding Style: Traditional, Rolled
• Bridge: Aluminum Tune-O-Matic
• Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar
• Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Insert
• Tuners: Grover Kidney
• Plating: Chrome
• Neck pickup: 490R
• Bridge pickup: 490T
• Controls: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch
• Finish/Case: Finishes available – Ebony, Heritage Cherry / Case – Gibson Gigbag